Rome (Italy) The Covid-19 pandemic did not stop the creativity of the Daughters of Mary Christians from Provinces all over the world who gave life to numerous initiatives in view of the Feast of St. Mary Domenica Mazzarello, Co-founder of the FMA Institute, welcoming the invitation of Mother General, Sister Yvonne Reungoat, in the Triennium (2019-2022) of preparation for the 150th anniversary of the Foundation of the FMA Institute:
“In this journey, we let ourselves be inspired by the one who outlined the feminine face of Don Bosco’s educational charism, reliving it in Mornese and Nizza Monferrato in a creative and daring way together with the first communities, the young, and the lay collaborators” (Circular 989) .
Here are some initiatives:
- The Youth Pastoral of the Piedmont Province Mary Help of Christians (IPI) created the Triduum entitled “What courage in Main’s life? ” with videos on the YouTube channel. Every day a key verb (go – listen – remain) accompanies the meditations on the life of Mary Domenica. On May 13 there will be the message from the Provincial, Sister Elide Degiovanni, and on May 14 the message will come from the Room of Mother Mazzarello at Nizza Monferrato (AL).
- The Sicula Province, Mother Maddalena Morano (ISI) produced the Novena “On the road with Main … discovering Mother Mazzarello” with 9 video-catechesis published every day on the You Tube channel, to get to know the Saint through concrete objects of daily life.
- The Southern Province of Our Lady of Good Counsel (IMR) lives the Novena in preparation for the feast “by placing alongside its ‘Yes’ that of its Daughters”, offering daily on the Facebook page a video with the testimony of two FMAs from the Province.
- The Province Formation Commission of the Roman Province of John Bosco (IRO), proposes a triduum with the community vision of the film written by Sr. Caterina Cangià, “Maìn – the house of happiness”. Some food for thought and a prayer accompany a renewed encounter with this Saint of ours, still little known, also indicating a site with songs to St. Mary Domenica Mazzarello created by the two FMA Novitiates, Sister Teresa Valsé Pantellini of Rome and Mary Help of Christians of Castel Gandolfo.
- The Lombard Holy Family Province (ILO) offers on its Instagram channel the posts of the Triduum to know or rediscover the life of Mother Mazzarello.
- Our Lady of Fatima Province of Portugal (POR) chose to live this month of May by giving prominence, through social media and in the form closest to young people, to the Co-founder of the Institute. For this it created vocational video-testimonies of some FMA of the Province who answer the questions: Who is Mother Mazzarello for you? What does it mean for you to be FMA? The sisters of different profession years accepted the challenge of participating in this initiative on the social networks to bring the many features of the figure of St. Mary Domenica Mazzarello to all.
- John Bosco Province of Venezuela (VEN) invites us to know Mother Mazzarello by publishing on their Facebook page each day of the Novena, a video made in collaboration with the young people in formation of the Salesians of Don Bosco.
- Mary Help of Christians Province of Recife (BRE) during the Novena shares on its Facebook page a post a day with a phrase of Mother Mazzarello and a video entitled ‘One minute with Main’ in which an FMA or a young woman in formation shares a thought on the life of Mary Mazzarello.