Colombia. The hymn of the 2023 World Gratitude Day, is online, which will take place on 26 April 2023, in Bogota, Colombia on the theme “With Mary we generate a culture of peace.”
“Territory of Peace” is the title of the hymn, born from the collaboration of the four Colombian Provinces – CBC, CMA, CBN, CMM – in the common desire to show the richness and biodiversity of Colombia and to express GRATITUDE to Mother Chiara Cazzuola, Superior General of the Institute of Daughters of Mary Help of Christians.
The piece of music reflects the experience of a resilient country which, despite trials, knows how to get up every day with hope, and it is precisely here that the seed of the Salesian charism was cultivated which, by the hand of Mary, generated the culture of peace and reconciliation. The authors of the song – Sr. Laura Vanegas, FMA, and María José Mendoza – with verses and rhythms, shaped the dream of working in synodality.
The message of the song highlights:
- The diversity of the FMA works, who faithful to the charism of Don Bosco and Mother Mazzarello have sown the Gospel of joy in all the regions of Colombia.
- The biodiversity of Colombia, a Country blessed by God, with an extraordinary wealth of fauna and flora, together with the courage of a people who have never forgotten to smile.
- The figure of Mary, who with her maternal presence and her testimony as a disciple has marked the lives of Colombians, generating a strong Marian identity.
- The children and young people, protagonists of the Salesian mission who, with their enthusiasm and their simplicity, collaborate every day in the construction of the Charism.
- Gratitude, as a characteristic of the FMA, which is raised to God through the gift of Mother Chiara to the Institute.
- “Don’t look back”: with the strength of the Risen Christ, is an invitation not to look to the past with nostalgia but to contemplate the “present with passion and the future with hope”, as Pope Francis said to the Chapter members.