Rome (Italy). For the Chapter members, two weeks have already passed since the beginning of the Chapter work. It is an intense time of study and reflection, of sharing and research together in the Commissions and sub-commissions. We breathe synodal air, generative life, and we share expectations and dreams.
The Representative of the Interprovincial Conference of India (PCI), Delegate of the Indian Province Immaculate Heart of Mary – Shillong (INS), Sr. Celine D’Cunha shares the expectations of PCI regarding the XXIV General Chapter.
“The FMA of India are preparing for the Celebration of the Centenary of the FMA presence in India in the year 2022. It is a time to be reborn, to discern, to renew oneself, to dream, to revitalize, to become Don Bosco and Mother Mazzarello for millions of children and young people who ask us for a significant presence and fruitful accompaniment.”
The FMA in India are a sign of HOPE
“We are a force, more than 1500 sisters, 107 novices, 230 communities. There are young people, we still have vocations, we take care of children and young people in difficult situations. There is growth, there is life, there is vitality. India and Asia have a lot to offer to the world of the FMA in spirituality and mission.
The FMA in India received much from the FMA Institute. the first missionaries brought the Salesian spirit and charism to the nation. Now is the time to give and we are committed to reciprocating the gift because we are one Family.
We are committed to taking courageous steps, to planning the future together:
- Make the Salesian charism visible and have an impact in the multicultural, multireligious and multilingual realities of the nation;
- Accept the challenge of living the religious tolerance, peace, cooperation, and harmony that have always characterized the country;
- Walk together as an FMA Institute, dreaming, seeking, and discerning together in these days of grace of the General Chapter, to discover the newness and freshness of the Spirit;
- To be accompanied, to value culture, resources, spiritual experiences, profound silence, contemplation, the ability to give and not just to receive;
- Discover the hidden riches in the different realities of the FMA Institute, living with openness, docility, happy to be FMA, sharing ideas, experiences, and spiritual resources, enriching each other;
- Network as an FMA Institute, together with young people and children who live in situations of hardship due to Covid-19 or at risk such as women, migrant workers, and students in search of a better future.
We are sure of the presence of Mary in the life of the Institute and in India. Truly She have done it all. We have experienced the miracles of her intervention in our life and in our mission. Accompanied by Her, with the Passion and Enthusiasm of the Founders, Don Bosco and Mother Mazzarello, we commit ourselves to generate Life and Life in abundance.